Vegan and Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing
Caesar salad is great but if you are sensitive to dairy or are vegan, you may want to reconsider your options. Plus, most of the salad dressings on the market are filled with questionable ingredients in order to make them shelf stable.
And although it may seem like a hassle to have to make your own salad dressing, I promise you its not that hard. Plus, you can make a batch so that you have it for a larger salad or you can use it throughout the week.
- 1 cup soaked cashews (add to a bowl with water and leave in the fridge for 4-8 hours)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- ¾ cup water (if needed)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tbsp of capers
- Rinse your cashews and add to a food processor
- Then all all the ingredients EXCEPT the water
- Blend everything on high then slowly add water until you get the right consistency
Be sure to check out our YouTube Channel where we give you simple tutorials for each recipe!